02. 03. 2015
NetEye Blog Admin
NetEye, Service Management
New NetEye Release for 2015!
The newly released NetEye version 3.5 represents an important milestone for the development of the solution.
In addition to responding to customer needs, NetEye continues to align itself to the new requirements of the growing monitoring complexity generated by the introduction of cloud environments, web services and virtualizations in the IT infrastructures.
The new release optimizes NetEye’s performance, scalability and reliability, and extends the range of features as well as the sphere of action for the monitoring strategy. The version is released with an updated documentation for all the new features with the aim of achieving an even better quality.
An overview of the major enhancements on the new version will be provided below:
- The new shutdown management module allows to configure and automate the shutdown process of a data center. This is a useful feature to prevent data loss in case of immediate shutdown of the servers caused for example by a sudden temperature increase, or by a power outage or possible water leaks. The possibility to configure and create a process with a shutdown logic and sequence helps to avoid this kind of problems.
- The existing SNMP-Trap-Handler is replaced by the revised version, the so-called EventHandler. The module now permits to process not only SNMP traps as before but also e-mails, text messages and logs.
- The SyslogView becomes the new LogManager. The key innovation is the integration of Logstash, Elasticsearch and Kibana. Logstash reads and analyzes the logs captured by NetEye and passes them to Elasticsearch. The data is structurally stored. Subsequently, all collected data can be graphically represented in the LogManager of NeyEue thanks to the integration of Kibana. Through these innovations logs can be archived and displayed in real-time.
- Easier configuration: New Wizards for the Network Discovery (NeDi) Import and Asset Management (GLPI) facilitate the administrators’ daily routines.
- Also in the area of Asset Management new enhancements have been implemented. NetEye now has a new interface which imports information from the Network Discovery (NeDi) into the Asset Management (GLPI).
- The integration between NetEye and the IT Service Management solution EriZone has been improved by implementing an automated tickets’ creation.
- The new look and feel of the NetEye Reporting allows the creation of meaningful SLA-Reports
To get more details you can download here the Release Notes of NetEye 3.5
Latest posts by NetEye Blog Admin