Have you ever had the need to manage in your inventory the location and the content of your racks?
The plugin Bays Management for GLPI can also be adopted to meet this need. With the plugin it is possible to create and manage your rack and to locate the various components. In this way it is possible to know the space, the power consumption and the heat dissipation. Bays management, at a glance, deals with the setting of all your racks by allowing to configure their size, weight and total number of units. In addition, you can define the model specifications and materials used.
For each rack it is possible to set up the following parameters:
- Place and location in the room
- Date of installation or activation of financial management
For the devices contained in the racks you can configure the following attributes:
- 2-way power (dropdown) for electricity consumption (VA)
- Number of required cords and amperage
- Current consumed / Total Current (amps)
- Flow of fresh air / Flow Rate (m3 / h)
- Heat dissipation (BTUs / hour)
The display of items in the rack is in the form of a table, by Units. A total is calculated for weight, consumption and dissipation.
To display on a map the location and composition of the racks, I suggest to use Cartographie, that is a GLPI plugin designed to read the coordinates of the assets and locate them on a map.