The main features of the new OTRS version focus on the usability of the web application. The all-new user-centered design features an enhanced New Ticket dashboard, a dynamic Ticket Zoom view, enhanced search, an interactive Global Ticket overview, ticket archiving, and accessibility compliance.
The news at a glance?
- User Centered redesign of the Graphical User Interface which results in a shift from a comprehensive but static to a more powerful and dynamic application using technologies like Ajax, xHTML and optimized CSS.
- New Ticket und Article Indicator – This new feature has been implemented on both ticket and article level. It allows an agent at a glance to check for any updates within a ticket or on the article level to check for new and unread articles.
- Optimized Fulltext Search – the new search feature allows to customize the way you browse the information base. Options the new search feature provides range from singlesearch-string searches to complex multi-string boolean search operations including various operators.
- New Ticket Zoom View – The redesign based on Ajax technology allows agents to display complex and linked information structures in real-time while keeping the agents’ current working environment.
- Global Ticket Overviews -Well known from OTRS 2.4 the global ticket overviews have been optimized to achieve increased inter-activity. Depending on the use case and preferences of your agents they can easily change the ticket overviews layout according to their special needs. Options are small, medium and large, each providing a different degree of information details.
- Accessability – The redesign includes common accessibilitystandards WCAG and WAI-ARIA which also allows handicaped users to better interact with OTRS Help Desk. The US Rehabilitation Acts Section 508 has been fulfilled.
- New Customer Interface – The customer web front-end can be integrated to your organizations intranet and is fully integrated into the redesigned help desk system.
- Archive Feature – OTRS 3.0 now offers a new archiving feature. With a separated archive you’ll benefit from a reduced time spent for searches and increased display of results.
OTRS worked with a specialized design agency to enhance and improve the user experience of the 3.0 product. The first stable version of OTRS 3 will be released December 1st 2010.
Latest posts by Oreste Attanasio