The version 1.4.3 of the Safed agent has been released. The fix solves a race condition problem that, under certain circumstances, can lead to the creation of multiple http server processes. It is recommended to update to this version of Safed.
Update that fixes an error when creating an escalation definition while having a “first notification delay”setting.
Update of the default monarch sql database dump: integration of service profile for neteye services and safed checks. Update of general settings within the host- and service template. Some updates in the default Nagios general settings.
Also this year Michael Medin, member of the Nagios Community, will participate in the Nagios World Conference Europe™, introducing the new features of the NSClient++ version 0.3.9 and 0.4.X. Michael, is an open source developer and has written the NSClient++ for monitoring Windows based servers from Nagios. He works as consultant doing integration work on Java/Oracle and in his spare time he loves riding his mountain bike along some rocky single track in the Swedish countryside.
You can register online for Nagios World Conference Europe™ by clicking here
You can get more detailed information about NSClient by clicking on the following link http://nsclient.org
– Signature check module: Parse of signature creation date fix. Adaptation to month string case leading to misinterpretation of signature creation date
– Update of included database dump to vers. 1.7.6
– restartSafed(): Get method header bux fix
– fix:log recovery tolerance setting included also for logCheck section
– fix: setup.sh db alters of statistics tables
– Syslog Log integrity check: updates and implementation example in documentation for:
+ Integrity check
+ The log recovery process with recovery result check
– setup.sh : warning of grant check piped correctly to dev/null- Eventlog Template Server 2008: Duplicate ID definition in Logon/Logoff correction
– specific password encryption logic for safed linux and unix/solaris/aix
– fix: duplicate logfile indexing section in ryslog_store.sh
– fix: duplicate eventlog objective. Adaptation to the introduction of priority levels
– SAFED agent check: introduce flexible logic to check modified agent port setting
– crontab with check for cluster node, fix in setup.sh
– Support to collect virtual or additional IP address sources within a single host
– Statistics: Aggregation of log information in case of hostname or DNS changes. Aggregation for IP and/or host name
– harmonize log paths: syslogview, statistics, search log into /var/log/neteye/nesyslogview/
– Host description in view and editable
– discover IP on “clone host”
– Priority sequence of EventID objects and LogFile filters within SAFED configuration
– Support to create SAFED templates for Solaris, Unix and Aix